Monday, February 1, 2010

Deadmau5 Love.


*WARNING!, this is gonna be a BIG post :D*

If you havn't already heard about the guy wearing the big mouse head, then I suggest you need to get your finger out wherever it is and onto the pulse of the music world. I first found Deadmau5 about a year and a 1/2 ago, heard a snippet of his remix of Morgan Page's 'Longest Road' and really liked the melodic build up of layers and breakdowns, a key feature of the 'Progressive House' genre, which I know now but didn't then. Soon after I did a bit of searching I had tracks like 'Slip' and 'Brazil', both amazing examples of his work- True pieces of 'Progressive House' in it's purest definition, shortly there after buying 'Random Album Title' and eventually 'Lack Of A Better Name' upon it's release.


Towards the end of 2009 I grabbed myself a 'Stereosonic' ticket, which in my honest opinion was a big let down and certainly not what it could've been due to poor organisation by the event managers and lack of ability to facilitate numbers- Then that night, 10pm hit and for the first time ever, I saw that big blue mouse head of his- bopping behind his laptop to 'FML' at the very beginning of his set, mixing and cutting to 'You Need A Ladder'. To me, he made 'Stereosonic' worth it. That week I knew he was still in Sydney, so I grabbed x2 Tickets to his last show before leaving Sydney at the 'Metro' on George St.

The afternoon, hours before the 'Metro' show, Deadmau5 did a suprise appearance at Virgin Megastore in the City, it was amazing to be up close whilst he worked his 'Ableton' magic wielding his full headset, grinning from big ear to ear. Luckily I was able to get my album signed as well as a poster I snatched off the wall straight after the brief gig.


Live @ Virgin Megastore, George St.


No Mau5head.



Signing my stuff :D


That night 'Metro' went off the minute he walked out, it was 'Stereosonic' all over again, except only better and this time for 2 solid hours! He dropped 'Sometimes Things Get, Whatever' cue'ing the robotic lyrics making the crowd go spastic, later chilling the set with 'Strobe' and 'I Remember' were also memorable highlights. 'Ghosts'N'Stuff' always a crowd pleaser being so currently popular and finally after walking off on the stage he pulls out 'Longest Road' for an encore which absolutely made it- bringing it back to where it all began for me.


Metro Mau5 Madness!


So without further ado, I bring you a vast array of the best of the mau5!:~

~Morgan Page - The Longest Road (Deadmau5 Remix)
(Zshare)

~Deadmau5 - Slip
(Right Click, Save Link As)

~Deadmau5 - Brazil
(Mediafire)

~Deadmau5 - Sometimes Things Get, Whatever
(Mediafire)

~Deadmau5 - FML
(Zippyshare)

~Deadmau5 - You Need A Ladder
(Mediafire)

~Deadmau5 - Strobe
(Mediafire)

~Deadmau5 - I Remember
(Right Click, Save Link As)

~Deadmau5 - Ghosts N Stuff (Ft. Rob Swire)
(Right Click, Save Link As)

~Deadmau5 - Hi Friend
(Right Click, Save Link As)

~Deadmau5 - Faxing Berlin (Piano Version)
(Mediafire)

No comments:

Post a Comment